The St Mary’s Concord Pastoral Council is entrusted with the task of reflecting on the parish’s vision and mission. In a spirit of service to the community the Pastoral Council works with the parish priest and members of the parish team to foster and support appropriate pastoral action.
The Role of the Pastoral Council: The Pastoral Council is a consultative body whose purpose is to meet with the parish priest and those responsible for the pastoral care in the parish to discern and discuss the mission of the parish community.
The Pastoral Council
- lives out the vision and mission of the Parish
- endeavours through a process of pastoral planning to develop a clearer and deeper understanding of the need for all to share in the responsibility to carry on Christ’s mission in the world;
- listens to the people of the parish;
- seeks to discover the needs of our local, regional and world community;
- studies Church teachings to inform its discernment;
- recommends goals and priorities in the light of the Sydney Archdiocesan Mission Plan, “Go Make Disciples”.
In 2021 the Pastoral Council members are: Ivo Favotto (chairperson), Katia Naim (secretary) Vince Fragomeli, Jessica Di Bartolo, Monica Darlow, Fr Paul Crowley (Parish Priest), Anna Marsella (Principal St Mary’s School), Monica Vaughan (Parish Team). New members are needed. Any parishioner who is interested in joining the Pastoral Council is invited to contact Fr Paul at the Parish Office.